Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Old friends and good books

So I got to meet up with an old friend and her new wifey at Starbucks this morning. It was really nice to see her. It seriously has been a couple years. She's doing well, as well as can be expected for her situation. I was excited to see how bright and shiny she looks. So full of happiness. I'm so proud of how far she's come. I will never lose touch with this little lady again!

I finished my book last night. The Kite Runner. It seriously is one of the best books I've ever read. It made me think, laugh, smile, cry.. made my heart absolutely ache for the characters who seem so vividly real. It is such a powerful book. My heart goes out to the people in the Middle East. I can only grasp such a small portion of what they go through on a daily basis because of this book. I don't even want to think about how much more the book didn't talk about.
I DEFINITELY recommend this book. Even if you don't like reading... this book is worth it.

I have a basketball game to go to today. A junior high basketball game :)
I gotta support my girl. She's like a little sister to me. I try to be as protective and supportive as she'll allow me to be.
Go Junction girls!

No comments: