Tuesday, December 9, 2008

8-0

Her team won. Undefeated. Although, this was the first game she didn't get to play in. Which is super lame, because I went to watch her play. But... I realize now that I really didn't go to watch her play as much as just being there to support her. Her mom hasn't gone to a single one of her games. Apparently she's too busy with other things (rediculously unimportant things).
I also talked her into doing her homework instead of going to a friend's house. Hooray!!!!!!! Maybe if I keep encouraging her.... she'll be able to walk with her classmates at her 8th grade graduation. And I, of course, will be screaming for her in the crowd :)

I just kept asking God to give me the right words, so I could shine His light in her life. He clearly is faithful, because the first step has been made. Homework. I told her that if she didn't do well in school she could screw EVERYTHING up. She replied with, "Yeah so, my mom calls me a screwup all the time." That absolutely broke my heart. So I said, "Don't you want to prove her wrong? You have so much potential. Don't you want to live up to it?" Then she finished her homework.

Thank God.

Today/yesterday was day 29: Money. 1 Timothy 6:3-10.
I wonder what devotion I'll start after tomorrow.
Maybe "20 Not-So-Famous Bible Stories".

No comments: