Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day 27: Avoiding idleness

2 Thessalonians 3:6-18
"If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

I seriously hope, one day when I'm married and have kids.. that the rapture will happen before my kids get to be teenagers.
Tonight was stressful enough... and she's not even my daughter. What the heck is going to happen when it actually is my daughter? What am I going to do?
Maybe I'll have all boys... and they will be good and wear purity rings like the Jonas Brothers (hahahahahaha). Seriously though.
I know everyone goes through stages and rebels a little (well, not everyone... but a lot of people), but I just don't understand how, as a parent, someone can know what their child is doing and not care or do anything about it.
It seriously makes me so angry. Parents need to be parents to their children, not friends.
I don't sugar-coat anything to her. When she's being stupid and screwing up her life, I tell her exactly that... and she still comes to confide in me. That obviously tells me that she isn't getting what she needs from her parents. It angers me, but it breaks my heart more.
She's not a bad kid. She has so much potential. Her dream is to go to UCLA. But... how things are going... she may not graduate from 8th grade this year.
I just wish she really knew how much she deserves... so she can stop settling and start reaching for what she wants in her life. She is truely beautiful, and I honestly don't think she knows it.
I just can't believe what kids are going through with these days and how young they start. When I was in 8th grade I was definitely not doing anything she does. But I guess thats mostly because I had parents who truely cared about what I was doing.
I'm going to have a heart attack from all this caring and worrying I do.

No comments: