I really love the feeling of becoming an adult. I mean really becoming an adult. The place where you no longer rely on your parents for your support (rent, food, electricity, air conditioning in 110 degree heat). I am finally on my own. My own apartment. My own food in the fridge. A place where I don't have to put clothes on to walk from the bathroom to my bedroom. It feels absolutely wonderful. I have moved out before, but I was either with my sister or other roommates. This time its all me and I love it! Such a sense of freedom and respect for myself. So much space to really dig deeper into my relationship with the Lord. I don't have to worry about someone asking me if I'm okay when I'm bawling my eyes out on the living room floor. I"M FINE! I'm in love with the greatest lover of all time! The greatest romancer this world.. scratch that, this universe has ever known! Sometimes that brings up tears. Great tears of joy. And best of all, I'm doing all this with just myself and God. I don't need to have the constant covering of parents to guide my every step. Not saying I don't need my parents. Because God knows I do. They mean the world to me. But every bird has to leave the nest at some point in their life. I've taken flight and landed somewhere beautiful. Life as of right now is fabulous. And it is impossible for me to get lonely because I constantly have a dog jumping on me and a cat attacking my feet. My children make this adventure so much more entertaining. Yes, I called them my children. They are. My substitute children at least... When I get married and have human babies, Pinky and Mr. Cat will turn into pets once again. Enough for now.
PS. I adore the person high-up at Starbucks who decided to have free wifi. It is a genius idea!
2 comments:
That's what I like to hear
I love you Daddy!!!
Post a Comment