Friday, October 2, 2009

Determination City: population me&Portland

Portland is in the air... it's just that time of year for me. I always ALWAYS want to go back to Portland, but this time of year my heart goes crazy for that city. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's because October is my favorite month and Portland is my favorite place. Who knows.. All I know is that I need to take a trip up there soon. I'm thinking the first week of November. For a couple days. I'm so serious about this right now. I'm not going to spend any money on myself (unless absolutely neccessary). Just bills. The rest... Portland fund. I don't even need a lot of money. Pretty much just gas and food, because I definitely don't need to do any shopping. And after this trip, all my money will be for bills and paying off my car. I figure, unless God has another plan for me, in about two years I would like to move to Portland. Get through this semester and 3 more, get my car paid off, pay off my credit card debt, and save. If I'm frugal with my spending (like not buying coffee at coffee shops as often, not going out to eat, not spending money on the movie theater) I can definitely accomplish all these things. I'm just going to live my life how God wants me to, love my friends and family, work my job, go to school, and pay off my debt. I've never been this determined in my life. This is my plan. Unless, of course, God has a different plan for me. Until He shows me otherwise, Portland is my destination... and I can't wait :)

No comments: