I wish more people in life were actually trustworthy. I have friends, but very few good, close friends. There isn't one single person I tell everything to. No one knows as much as they think they do, and I like it that way. I prefer to not have people gossiping about me. I prefer to be able to live my life with peace and without frustration.
A lot of people say they would never want to be a celebrity, because celebrities' lives are always in the public eye. Everyone always knows everything, or at least they think they do. Being a "normal" or "common" person isn't really all that different. Your life may not be talked about around the country (or world) but it definitely is around your social circle. That is what irritates me.
People have been talking. Gossiping. About things they think they know (but really don't). About assumptions they are making. Among themselves they talk. Do they ever come to the person who is the topic of discussion and actually ask them about what they've heard? Of course not. Instead, they spread the news to other willing and open ears. Thus, rumors start. Thus, people begin to lose trust they once thought they had. Thus, the people who are the topics of discussion become that much more secretive about their personal lives.
I talk to two people (aside from my family) about what is currently going on in my life. Two people who I have complete confidence in. The first person: is friends with everyone who is gossiping (just as I am friends with them) but is also a locked box when it comes to keeping secrets. The second person: has had secrets of her own spread, which means she is keen in not spreading others' secrets and is not good friends with the gossipers. Those being the only people I really talk to, I have found myself completely baffled as to how all these other people seem to "know" what is going on. I certainly know my two trustees have not opened their mouths.
So I have come to the conclusion that certain people have heard a tiny bit of something that resembles something that might be interesting, and they have assumed from that. That eventually lead to them telling someone else their assumption but presenting it as fact, and that person telling someone and so on.
Therefore, my life (as of now) is no longer up for discussion. This is because there will be nothing to discuss. I will go about my business, my work, my school. If I stray from that basic path to do something social or personal, I will not tell a soul (except those directly involved, of course).
Thank you, Gossipers. For now I am much more cautious with the details of my life.
1 comment:
i was talking to my dad the other day and the convo we had kinda braught me to tears beacause he was saying that in life we have many people and many friends but in the end its very rar to have one that is with you too the end. he was explaining it in his life and both my brothers i mean they have their wives but beyond that they have no friends to turn to and it made me sad because lately ive been growing apart from my friends a little and just being alone most of the time. i donno just thought i would write this
Post a Comment