Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.
God is good.
One of my biggest struggles while reading the bible is interpretation and finding the deeper meaning between the lines. So often, when going to church or reading what other people write about their devotions, I get discouraged. I love going to church and I very much enjoy reading people's responses to devotions, but the whole time I think to myself, "Why can't I come up with that conclusion or one similar to it while reading on my own?" I so long to be able to write and express myself poetically, but it's very difficult when the words don't come to me. When I read the bible, I read the bible. I just read. Even in school, while reading a book/poem/story, I could never pick out the deeper meaning. I just wish that when reading the bible I could express what I've learned in a way that not only is encouraging to other people, but encouraging to myself as well. That is something I want. Something I long for. A deeper understanding of God's word. A poetic ability to write and encourage. I feel so frustrated sometimes because I don't understand what God is telling me through His word. I keep reading and reading, yet I get nothing but stories. I suppose I just need to pray and ask Him to bless me with a deeper understanding. Prayer conquers all. I want God. I need God. I will never completely understand God, but getting a little closer would be very lovely.
No comments:
Post a Comment