Tonight we celebrated miss Amy's 22nd day of birth. It was a lot of fun. We ate some food and drank some beer at the DTE. Then we all went out for a late night lake dance party. There wasn't much dancing, and I believe a total of 5 people actually got in the water. Most of the time it was just Bekah and myself. After everyone got out I decided to still sit there and look out at the lake and surrounding mountains. It was beautiful. The night was clear, and the stars were bright. I couldn't help but think about how amazingly artistic God is. How beautiful He is. How talented He is. How blessed we are. I've grown to cherish everything around me so much more. To really appreciate my surroundings for what they are. God's creation. He created this earth for us. It is like a gigantic gift that we get every day of the year, not just on special occasions. The water is what does it for me. I think I should have been born a mermaid, because I love the water so much. Especially at night time. The lake. The ocean. It all just reminds me of how small I am and how big God is. All I think about when I'm sitting at or in a big body of water at night time is how much I love God. Hosanna in the highest. All glory be to Him.
While I was sitting by myself in the water I was also thinking about my boyfriend. Oh, how I miss Timmy. I was thinking about how I wish he was there to share it all with me. To be a part of my wonder. My amazement. My awe for God. How I wanted to hold his hand. To be in his arms. To gaze out at the moving water with him.
Some day.
No comments:
Post a Comment