Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Perks

So, I recently bought a copy of The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, since my old copy is in a box on the Point Loma campus... Becky, I hope you just enjoy the book that much! heh =)

I highlighted and underlined a lot of things in my old copy, and I let friends read it so they could do the same. Then I would get it back, read it, and see what they highlighted and underlined... but that isn't how the world works I guess. I never got it back. But it's okay. Someone in San Diego will get their hands on it and be able to see what I hoped to see... what a few different people liked most about the book.

It really is an amazing book. So... I just couldn't wait. I bought a new copy a little more than a month ago. I just finished the book I was reading at the time, Possible Side Effects, so now I can start The Perks. I haven't read it in 3 years. I'm so excited!

My highlighter and pen are bedside, ready to go.
ooooo this is an exciting night.




Also, the message tonight was awesome. The Green Elephant. Even if some people aren't "Go Green" fanatics, we have to look at it like this... God poured His heart and soul into the creation of this earth and every single living thing on it. He gave us His creation. We have to respect it. We have to honor it. We have to be excited about it. GO OUTSIDE! Watch the sunset. Look at the colors signaling the changing in seasons. It's beautiful.

No comments: