Friday, April 24, 2009

Matrimony

Last week was absolutely amazing. I got to have fun with family, hang out in a beautiful place, and watch my only sister become a wife. I can't explain how happy I am for her, Taylor, and my new brother-in-law, Bryan. It was a gorgeous ceremony on the beach of Lake Tahoe. The snow-covered mountains were our background. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.
The wedding photos are going to be amazing, even though we almost killed ourselves trying to get to the spot. My sister and Bryan decided to take the wedding party rock climbing... in our wedding attire. It was lovely. SIKE! The only hard part for me was the fact that I was wearing sandals. I'm used to climbing on things, so that part didn't phase me. The other girls however... let's just say they weren't very happy with my sister at that moment.
The reception was so fun. Probably the funnest I've ever been to. It was in a small place with not that many people. It was very intimate and cozy. And CRAZY. I'm so thankful other people love to dance as much as I do. Also, Taylor was totally dancing with everyone. She was shaking her head, clapping and waving her hands, running around screaming her happy/excited scream... she's only one. It was amazing to watch her. I'm pretty sure she fed off everyone's energy, because that child lasted the whole reception.
Then after it was over, people from both sides spent time together in the hot tub. It was very interesting to say the least. Apparently we beat the record number of people in the hot tub at one time. I think max is 8... we had 12.
I believe I'm still recovering from the lack of sleep I had last weekend, but I definitely wouldn't change it for anything!

CONGARTULATIONS MIKAYLA & BRYAN!!!!!

No comments: